I am unsure whether it is a bug or a misconfiguration so I put this here in case my issue on github is out of topic.
Describe the bug
Sometimes, when a branch is updated to fix merge conflicts, gogs doesn’t update the status and still refuses to automatically merge.
Gogs version and commit
2020-10-07 03:03:48 UTC
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS”
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Create a branch B from A branch, commit some patches, create a pull request to merge B into A
- Commit some patches in A branch that create conflicts
- Manually fix conflicts into B branch by issuing “git merge A”
- Push to publish new commit resolving conflicts into B branch onto the server
- Server still displays that the branch cannot be merged due to conflicts
Can you reproduce the bug at https://try.gogs.io?
No, I think this bug may be due to a configuration issue but I can’t find it
Gogs automatically refreshes the conflict status to let us merge from the web page or lets us force refresh
Gogs does not refresh the conflict status or thinks it’s still conflicting
- Closing and reopening the pull request, no effect
- Adding a commit, no effect
- Emptying web browser cache, disconnecting/reconnecting, no effect
- Firefox / Edge / Chrome present the same issue
- I red all the logs and some errors show that SQLite database is locked sometimes but nothing else and nothing related to a pull request presenting the bug
Thank you for your help