Modify local repository code path

Gogs version: 0.11.29.0727
System: Debian 9
Database: MySQL

Hi there! I’m new to Gogs, so please bear with me if this is the wrong approach.
What I’m trying to do is to set up a development server for a project at work. We have two external developers, so I thought it would be nice to have some kind of git interface for everyone to check the current code.
This means, our project itself is a git repository already, located at the correct place on the file system to run. The way Gogs works, however, is fundamentally different because your source code is not meant to be accessed from the machine Gogs is running on (considering it’s located somewhere in gogs/data/tmp/local-repo).

Now - how would I go about making this work? Essentially, I’m required to have the code all devs are working on placed in /opt/my-application/.

Thank you for your help!

Not very clear about what you’re trying to do, but if you want to use Gogs, you have to have a directory that stores the repositories the way Gogs does: path/to/xxx/{username}/{reponame}.git. Otherwise… impossible to work.

Hey Mr. Mystery, I found out I was really completely off track. What I was actually looking for were git hooks to automatically populate the application directory on changes. That works now.